Friday, October 2, 2009

Embroiderer's Guild Exhibition

Last Friday, Penny and I went to the Embroiderer's Guild Exhibition here in Canberra. There were some wonderful pieces on show. Such clever stitchers. We took some photos and didn't realise that it wasn't permitted till after the we had taken them! Oh well, it is nice to be able to share them with you. This piece of hardanger was stitched by my clever friend, Gwen. She is so clever at counting!!!! (not like me)
This was one of my favourite pieces. There is so much beautiful stitching on this lovely bag . It even has little bags, like a glasses' case, all stitched to match.
Another wonderful embroidery was this scene. So much exquisite stitching.
Here is another lovely piece of hardanger.
I have a few more pictures to show you tomorrow of this exhibition. I have been stitching recently and have been making up the class samples for Anni Downes' book, The World as it Should Be. I have also been busy getting the Christmas class samples stitched. I hope to have them up at the shop next week. I will take some photos soon to share.

2 comments:

Bev C said...

Thank you for the lovely photo's of the embroidery and enjoyed the previous posting of the gardens. Have a lovely weekend. Happy days.

Julia Robert said...
This comment has been removed by the author.