Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Bears

I have been "wasting time" looking at lovely blogs again this afternoon as I am not at work! I was at the kids club so took today off to do that. Another benefit is that I am home this afternoon and though I should be stitching or quilting or even doing some housework, I have been fiddling around on the computer. Sue had just blogged about bears and collections so I thought I would join in the fun and show you some of my collection of bears. I don't make too many these days but have enjoyed making bears, especially little ones, over the years. These ones are some little Christmas fellows. The gorgeous little (very little) white bear was made for me as a gift many years ago by the very talented Lisa. I made the others from various patterns.

The bear on the left was my first ever little bear made after seeing Gerry's Bears at a craft show in Sydney.

Here are two more. The left one was one we did at Batemans Bay needlework years ago. I think Lisa designed that one too.

I did branch out and make some bigger bears. The two oldies at the back are very odd as they were first attempts. I did think they were lovely at the time and can't bear to get rid of them.

The old trunk that they are sitting on came to Australia with my parents and me many years ago from Austria. Our entire possessions were in this trunk!

No comments: