Saturday, January 30, 2010

A finished quilt and a great concert

I can't believe that I have finally finished the "Your Home or mine" quilt. It is a lovely quilt and I am very pleased with it.
It even has a label! Lynette included a label pattern in the instructions. I had it ready and stitched ages ago waiting till the quilt was ready.
Last night a group of us went to the Canberra Theatre so see the Spooky Men's Chorale and Fred Smith in concert. It was a great concert. I have heard the Spooky Men many times at the Folk Festival and it was great to see them on stage. We were only 3 rows from the front. Here is a picture of them performing "Dancing Queen" with their special hats on. They are a male acapella choir and they perform some serious songs but some hilarious ones too.
They teamed up with Fred Smith who is a very good performer and writes topical songs about all sorts of things. It was a good night.

2 comments:

Janelle and Richard said...

I am very impressed with your new quilt. It looks fantastic. You sure have a lot of perseverance to see things through to the end.
I liked the concert too. Glad you took the pics and not me! I was too far away and they would have looked like ants on the stage.

Chocolate Cat said...

Oh Sylvia the quilt looks fantastic. You must be so proud of it and happy to have it finished! Concert looked lots of fun.