Sunday, May 9, 2010

A block finished and show and tell from last week

How exciting! I have finished the first block (G) of the stitchalong quilt, The Gardener's Journal. I am quite pleased with the colours as I have used fabrics from my stash that match the border that I ordered. It will be a very scrappy quilt but I don't mind that look. Started cutting and organising the May block this afternoon.
Last Wednesday, Joan brought in her wonderful dinosaur quilt. I shared the blocks with you earlier but here is   the quilt all together. There will be patterns for these blocks available at Hobbysew soon.
This is the pillowcase.
Michelle was having a lovely time stitching on her latest creation. She has handpainted the fabrics and the background and has fused the flowers on and is stitching around them with a naive backstitch. It's looking great, Michelle.

I do hope all the mums had a wonderful mother's day today. We went to our daughter's house for afternoon tea and had a lovely time. The kids bought me a charm for my Pandora bracelet. It is the eidelweiss one which is a lovely reminder of my Austrian heritage.

1 comment:

Jilly said...

Beautiful Sylvia, very pretty!!!
oxo