Saturday, October 2, 2010

A little finish and another Gardener's journal block done

It was so nice to have 2 quiet days at home this week and I managed, in between procrastinating, to make up this lovely little canvas work scissor keeper that I stitched while on holidays.
I also "forced" myself to cut the pieces and put together block F of the Gardener's Journal quilt that I am doing with the "Stitch-a-long" girls. Some of the seams are a bit wobbly but I blame the checky fabrics! I do think it is probably the dodgy sewer who tends to rush these things. This was the September block so it is just a little late.
Here is the block sewn onto the one that goes beside it.

3 comments:

FIONA said...

LOVE THE CANVAS WORK SYLVIA! AND THE QUILT LOOKS GREAT - I SHOULD BE DOING THAT TODAY BUT INSTEAD I AM MAKING UP KITS FOR STITCHING ON THE LAKE!!

Tatkis said...

Wow, your scissor keeper is so cute and colourful! Great work!
Good luck with the quilt!

Best wishes,
Tatyana

Chookyblue...... said...

you block F looks great........keep up the great work........