Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Two new books and some little "Quilt a Gift" projects finished

The mailman delivered these two books the other day. I have a few jelly rolls and haven't made anything with them and have just enjoyed looking at them! This book might inspire me. I also ordered Lynette Anderson's book as well even though I am not into cats and dogs. There are so many lovely projects in this book that I couldn't resist.
I have had a lovely time finishing off a few more of the projects in the "Quilt a Gift" book. Classes start again today at Hobbysew and I wanted to have a few more samples made from the book we are doing this term. Here are some more of the decorations, though this time I used felt behind the appliques and fabric fused on in the lower ones.

I just loved stitching these little birthday bags.

Here is the little cushion from the book too.

3 comments:

Karen said...

I had seen the Quilt a Gift book and had thought the birthday bags were a lovely idea and you have just confirmed it. Your bags are gorgeous. I am rather taken with the felt decorations, too, with Christmas fast approaching.

FIONA said...

Gorgeous Sylvia! Love the little cushion and the bags and the decorations - all beautiful!

Tatkis said...

Your new books are great, and those finishes from Quilt a Gift are adorable! I love cushion one very much :)

Best wishes,
Tatyana