Friday, November 19, 2010

New Magazine and Noah's Ark

Hobbysew has the Vignette magazine by Leanne Beasley so I just had to have a copy. Leanne mentioned this at the "Immerse" stitching day and I was looking forward to seeing it. Her photos are beautiful and there are a few recipes and Block one of a Mystery quilt and a covered notice board to make. There is lots of stitching on the quilt but I think it will be a lovely, large quilt.

At the Stitching day on Saturday I bought these Nancy Halverson fabrics, from Cute as a Button, to use in this quilt. I am not into the bright colours so these suit me better. I was just choosing the DMCs to use in the embroidery. Oh dear, another BOM when I have several waiting to be finished. I do love starting new things.
I also bought this latest book by Nancy Halverson. It is filled with lovely projects, as are all her books.
Last night I finished this delightful Noah's Ark stitchery by Lynette Anderson. I thought I was finished yesterday but hadn't stitched Noah's beard!

No comments: