Thursday, November 25, 2010

Some stitching and some show and tell

It was good to piece block 5 of My Garden while the fabrics were out and the stitching finished. The little antennae belong to a lovely butterfly button that I will add when the quilt is finished.
I also couldn't resist starting this lovely quilt in Vignette, the new magazine by Leanne Beasley. I have changed the thread colours to suit the fabrics I have bought.
Here is part of the first block.
We had a nice afternoon at class on Wednesday and Jenny had this lovely bag that she had bought a while ago in India. The work is beautiful and it is all chain stitch a little like the one I shared earlier. This time it isn't all filled in which would make it a bit easier.
Margaret as been busy and had stitched the canvas stocking from the Stitching day. Aren't her colours great?
Margaret has also finished her stitched pear decoration. It is great that they will be all ready for Christmas.

No comments: