Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Happy Australia Day and some show and tell

Happy Australia Day to all my lovely readers. There have been some lovely pictures and stories on some of the aussie blogs and they are well worth checking out. I think this is a very special day for Australians and as a  migrant who came to Australia as a child, I really appreciate what a special country this is. My brother, who was born here, and I have had really wonderful opportunities here and thank our parents for their very major decision to move to this country. It was very tough for them (and me too until I learnt to speak English) and I think they lost a lot by leaving their families in Austria but I know they enjoyed the climate and their home here too. It has been a special week too with hubby finding out his relatives came on the First Fleet.
I have had a busy couple of days with the Summer stitching day on Monday and then work yesterday. I had a lovely group of ladies on Monday and we enjoyed a pleasant day of stitching and yummy lunch and morning and afternoon tea. Thanks for organising the food, Cathy. Barbara came to the class on Monday and brought her finished her felt bookmark with the painted button to stitching at the shop yesterday. Looks great, Barbara.
Shirley has been finishing lots of lovely projects. She made this lovely gift pouch using a pattern and kit prepared by Terrie at Hobbysew.
Shirley also finished the stamped stitchery from the stitching day in October. I wish I had that many finishes to share.
We are celebrating Australia day this evening by taking a picnic to the lake and watching the fireworks with some friends, if it isn't too hot. We are having a very warm day here today.

2 comments:

Suedio said...

Enjoy the picnic and fireworks Sylvia.

Regards, Sue

manda said...

Happy Australia Day for yesterday Sylvia!!