Monday, February 28, 2011

At the beach and a little stitching

We headed to the coast for a church camp on the weekend. These days we don't camp anymore but occasionally we put up the dome tent and camp for a night or two. This is easy camping as the catering is organised so it is only bedding etc that needs to be taken. We actually cheated a little as we stayed at Fiona's on Friday night as it was dark and rainy and not too good for setting up a tent. Lucky us! The next day we headed to Burrill Pines and went to the beach. Sadly this is the only time this summer that I have been! I even went for a SWIM! I know, you can't believe it but the water was lovely though it was very rough and I didn't last long in it as it was a bit wild.

The kids had a great time swimming and playing games on the beach.
Some indulged in a spot of fishing.
I had prepared some of the Stitch-a-long blocks from Tis the season as it was easy to stitch and chat with just one colour.
I managed to stitch one block.

3 comments:

Deb said...

Sylvia that looks like bliss. I could do with that right now.

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

ah i'm like deb...i could do with a swim...and some stitching sylvia...can you believe i broke my arm and can't do anything...i see you are doing fairy kisses...i am too and wondering which part you are up to...dzintra

Suedio said...

Very cute little stitchery. Such a great little stitch and chat project in all the one colour. We haven't made it to the coast at all this year, so your photos are a little reminder that I must make the time. Thanks for sharing.