Monday, March 7, 2011

Absolutely spoilt!

I have just been away with some very special friends for my "significant" birthday. It is hard to believe that I am soon to be turning 60 but it is great fun to celebrate. Fiona, Karen, Barbie, Lynda, Di and Maree organised the most wonderful weekend away for me at Mollymook. We stayed in a lovely house and this was the view from the balcony.
This wasn't our pool but the one at Bannisters resort which is nearby. The girls took me to lunch there and it was wonderful. Bannister's is Rick Stein's restaurant and it was fabulous.
The food and the view were really wonderful. But the best part was sharing this lovely lunch with such special friends.
Here we are about to share these amazing dessert platters. Heavenly!
Check out these wonderful desserts. There was even a candle to blow out.

My dear friends also surprised me with this wonderful gift. They had made me a lovely quilt. It is so beautiful and will certainly keep me warm in our cool Canberra winters.

Thank you, dear friends, for a wonderful celebration. 

3 comments:

FIONA said...

It was a pleasure Sylvia!! We did have a lovely time! Glad you blogged the quilt photos because I forgot to take some of you and the quilt! Relax and enjoy today!

Suedio said...

Well, first let's start with "Happy Birthday" (significant or otherwise, they are all pretty special). What a great weekend away with friends, such a memory to treasure.

Your quilt is gorgeous. Is that Lilly & Will fabric? They are very soothing to look at. I'm sure when you snuggle under that quilt you will always feel warm.

Regards, Sue

Chookyblue...... said...

what a beautiful quilt your friends made for you............and a beautiful spot to share your birthday with friends..........