Friday, April 15, 2011

Finally...some stitching and painting

We have had a busy time lately with parties and weddings and weekends away. It has been fun but has made it hard to get lots done at home. This week has been a little quieter and I managed to get the paints out to paint our special button for the stitching days. The stitching days will soon be here and I need to get stitching and get to writing the notes. The first day on the 14th is full and there are just a few places left on the 21st. 

 Here is a little secret glimpse of a bit of stitching on felt.
 As we have been in the car a lot lately, I just had to get a bit of stitching prepared and have managed to stitch the second block of "My Town", the Post Office.
I am also very please to show you my finished "Gardener's Journal" quilt! It is bound and the label is stitched on! 

3 comments:

Chookyblue...... said...

your GJ looks gorgeous Sylvia.......great to have it finished........thanks for being part of the GJ SAL.........

Secret Admirer said...

Goodness that post office make me think of the one in my hometown Bungendore. Very charming now if only I could train some bluebirds to post my mail for me!

Faye said...

I found your blog via Siobhan and I wanted to tell you it is absolutlely lovely!! I hope all you ladies enjoy your stitching days coming up soon....The felt looks divine also!! Take care and have fun, Faye