Monday, June 6, 2011

My Town block and In My Garden block 4

Over the last few weeks I have been working on this My Town block. I changed the corner store to a country store and made the house a bit taller. Couldn't resist adding one of Anni Downs' ladies with her basket of shopping.
On the weekend, I managed to stitch together block 4 of the In My Garden BOM. I can't believe how with so many scraps in the borders, you can still get 2 of the same ones next to each other!
I have also had fun stitching this little Anni Downs Christmas project. It is part of a tree shaped decoration and now needs to be made up. We are doing some of Anni's gorgeous Christmas patterns in class next term.

2 comments:

Shiralee Stitches said...

Oh wow...your work is just so neat...I love this quilt by Anni and each time I've seen piccies I have so far resisted...that was really hard when I saw it in the real at Nundle earlier in the year....but with watching along as you stitch it up, I am finding it hard to resist any longer!!...hmmm...so tempting. Is the little Xmas number from Anni's Xmas book?

The French Bear said...

Lovey!!! I just adore all the applique in your quilt!!! It is just so pretty, and yes isn't that funny that you can still end of with two squares the same next to each other....go figure!
Love the stitching too, that is so neat to see on a quilt, I really like that, makes it look so charming!
Hugs,
Margaret B