Thursday, June 13, 2013

The bike and barge tour

We have been so busy this week in Paris that I haven't had time to blog! We did have a good week on the bike and barge tour even though I had to ride! The fellow riders were really lovely. We had 8 Australians and 10 Germans. It was fun practising my german. It was tough for me but I managed to do 4 of the 6 days of riding including the first day of 60kms!!! I had only ridden 18 kms before that. The riding was a good way to see lots of gorgeous countryside and delightful villages. The riding was fairly slow and there was time to see the sights, enjoy picnic lunches which we packed each day, taste some lovely wines and eat delicious cakes. we were also spoilt each morning and night with lovely breakfast and delicious dinners by Elena and Yop. Marieke was our guide on the rides each day and she was great and very patient with slowies like me!
Here are some pictures of the first few days.








 Here are Garrick and Anne-marie, who travelled with us for this tour and for our week in Paris.


 One of the highlights was finding one of the many patisseries and getting some cakes.



 Lunch time on the road!
I will share a few more bike and barge pictures tomorrow.

4 comments:

Amy De Corsey said...

The places look beautiful! I like that there are photos of you and Dad too :-) Missing you two heaps!

Susan said...

Looks like a beautiful way to travel. You did really well riding so far.

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

Loving following your trip!

Deb R said...

Ohh usch a long bike ride, well done, but it is good seeing the countryside this way! enjoy!