Saturday, December 21, 2013

Christmas preparations, a gorgeous gift and little visitors

Today Lyndal and I headed into Civic for a little Christmas shopping. We had a lovely time getting a few needed gifts and I managed to buy a dress!!! Very hard usually for me to find one that fits and today I found 2. Am beginning to think I should have bought the second one as well. We just had to stop for a coffee and some scones and these were the decorations nearby.

 I was very spoilt on Thursday when Fiona visited as she gave me this gorgeous, framed stitchery for Christmas. I just love it and have just the right place for it once the decorations come down.
 This saying is so true! Friends are so special.
 This afternoon I think I have finished wrapping all the gifts.
 When we arrived home, we were so pleased to see little Benny and Sammy visiting. I had bought this Little People nativity a while ago and it was fun to get it out for them to play with.
 They had been for a swim and as it was hot they just had their nappies on. So cute!!



They enjoyed a lovely rumble with Mum and with Pa.

 Then it was time to do a little preparation for the next few days. This chocolate slice is a beauty....thanks Janet.
Must make a bit more shortbread but probably have enough for tomorrow.
 The peppermint crisp meringues are baking right now!
I think dinner tonight will be very easy as there is lots of eating to be done in the next few days!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

love the framed stitchery that Fiona gave you and the saying is gorgeous,boy you are so organised and your tree looks wonderful with all the presents under it.Your 2 little men are growing quite big now and look at how much fun they are having at nanny and pops.xx

Penny said...

Homesick.........