Sunday, December 1, 2013

Lovely stitching and some decorating

On Wednesday, as always, it was a delight to see what the ladies have been working on in the past week. Lynn has been very busy and has stitched all of these projects and they are almost finished. Well done, Lynn.


 Paddy was finishing her dresden plate decoration and doesn't it look terrific. I love how she has fussy cut the little tree from some Lynette Anderson fabric. I think I need one of these too.
 Here is Paddy's Santa all finished too.
 Paddy fused on the little village cushion on Wednesday too. Love the colours she has chosen.
 Gail brought along Janet's finished canvas work to show me. Looks great.
 In the evening, Margaret brought along this wonderful quilt she has just had quilted. Made with a lovely French General range it will look gorgeous on her bed.

 These last few days I have been decorating!!! It does take me along time and there is still the tree to do this afternoon. I just needed a break so a coffee and some blogging seemed like a good idea. It was lovely to hang up a few new Christmas finishes. This stitchery was completed a while ago and it just needed borders a a bit of quilting.
 I have had this kit for a long time too and really enjoyed stitching it recently. Last week I finished the binding and it is hanging ready for Christmas.          
I also made this dresden plate decoration using Anni Downs' new fabric for the stitching day recently. It was fun to make.        
 It is certainly looking like Christmas in this house. The little tree collection is out and the walls are decorated and now for the tree!
 One of my favourite decorations is this large metal tree and it is half decorated with some new and some old favourites.

4 comments:

Chookyblue...... said...

love all the show and tell..........

Susan said...

So many lovely projects. I like the metal wall tree at the end, great for those special decorations.

Michelle Ridgway said...

Lovely show and tell! Your decorating is beautiful... simply adore your metal wall tree and it's gorgeous ornaments.

Ulla's Quilt World said...

So lovely! :) Fantastic ideas!
Greetings from Finland!
Ulla's Quilt World
Hugs, Ulla