Saturday, September 6, 2014

Great stitching and an outing

Lovely to see some fantastic work completed by my class ladies on Wednesday afternoon. Jayne has been so busy and has finished her little felt (though she did hers on fabric) mat and her Christmas cushion. They look so good together.

 Roni has created a wonderful and useful, light pad bag using the fabrics and the designs from the retreat.
 She has also finished this lovely bag for her Ipad. I just love the fabric in this kit.
 Eileen has been busy too and is stitching some lovely pictures for a bag for her little granddaughter.
 On Monday we headed to the National Archives to see an exhibition of pictures taken at migrant hostels like Bonegilla near Albury. My parents and I were in Bonegilla for a short while and then in a hostel in Matraville so I found the pictures very interesting (not that I remember much about it all as I was only 5). you weren't allowed to take pictures in the exhibition so I just took some outside. I did like this cross stitch sign.

No comments: