Saturday, March 12, 2016

Stitching progress

Another week has flown by! There has been some stitching happening over the last few weeks in between stitching days and other commitments. The second block of the Lynette Anderson Button club arrived last week so it was fun to start creating Sydney the Cockerel. I've been calling him Mr Rooster! There were some very small pieces to applique! In hindsight, I think I would have embroidered the feet and beak or fused them on as they were fiddly.
 Just enjoying the embroidery on the heart.
 I have enjoyed continuing to stitch the lovely drawings from The Story of My Day by Anni Downs.

 I now have a few more to piece together.
 It has been interesting trying some different techniques on the Splendid Sampler blocks. I did love the applique on this one.


 Jenny brought in her finished stitchery on Wednesday night. Looks lovely!

2 comments:

barb's creations said...

WOW you've been busy, love Mr.Cockrel and I too would have stitched his feet and beak if I was working on him. Loving Anni's stitcheries she does such beautiful work :) Barb.

Shwetablog said...

nice